Grandmother shoots, kills teen robbery suspect
Police say the teen barged into her home carrying a shotgun and demanded money out of the safe
By Fred Childers
SHREVEPORT, La. — Police have identified the alleged robber who was killed by a homeowner Sunday night. His name is Devon Antonio Young - a sixteen year-old who lived in Shreveport.
Police say the teen barged into her home carrying a shotgun and demanding money out of the safe."And as I was unlocking the safe and I prayed to God to give me strength, to get through this, it'll be me or him," said the woman.
"And that's when I fired my gun and hit him with the first round," said the victim of a home invasion in the 3000 block of Morningside Drive in Shreveport.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help