NH officers on leave after '09 video goes viral
An officer appears to shove the suspect against a wall
By PoliceOne Staff
SEABROOK, N.H. — Three officers are on paid leave following the release of a 2009 video depicting police struggling with a teenage drunk driving suspect.
In the video, an officer appears to shove the suspect against a wall as officers escort him down a hallway.
CBS Boston reports that the incident was posted online by the subject at the center of the video, 19-year-old Michael Bergeron, Jr. Bergeron had been arrested for drunk driving and drug possession.
According to the Boston Herald, Bergeron has a lengthy arrest record.
Town officials insist they had never heard of or seen the incident before the video was posted.
“In response to the video in question, the Town of Seabrook will conduct a comprehensive investigation into the incident, which will focus on adherence to established Seabrook Police Department protocols and procedures,” said Town Manager William M. Manzi in a statement.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. sheriff told to disarm before entering arena for charity event
- More than 200 police chiefs criticize Trump’s 'law and order' executive actions
- Video: Nashville cop fatally shoots armed man, NAACP wants probe
- Video: NY trooper arrests suspect after being dragged by vehicle
- Booby trap impales officer investigating marijuana grow operation