Fla. man arrested after brawl over Walmart express line
Victim John Malherbe was in a 20 or less check-out lane — he says he had 22 items
By Lucas Seiler
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla. — John Malherbe, who was checking out of Walmart while riding in an electric scooter due to recent surgeries, says 77-year-old William Galladay not only got too close for comfort, but started screaming at him to move to another register.
"He kept screaming about too many groceries and stuff… I'm like, what?" Malherbe said.
Malherbe was in a 20 or less check-out lane — he says he had 22 items.
- Bizarre Beat
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house