Former Utah officer found murdered in home
Police believe a former Salt Lake City police officer was murdered in his home
SANDY, Utah — A former Salt Lake City police officer was murdered in his home. Sandy City police say 63-year old Kevin Meik was found dead Wednesday but a day later confirmed he was murdered.
“We first thought it was self-inflicted,” says Sgt. Jon Arnold of Sandy City police.
Meik was known to have heart problems and Arnold says his family became concerned with his well being. They contacted a neighbor who notified police.
Full Story: Former police officer found murdered
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Sheriff Joe successor pulls back on immigration holds in jails
- Ala. church asks for its own police department
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer