Former Utah officer found murdered in home
Police believe a former Salt Lake City police officer was murdered in his home
SANDY, Utah — A former Salt Lake City police officer was murdered in his home. Sandy City police say 63-year old Kevin Meik was found dead Wednesday but a day later confirmed he was murdered.
“We first thought it was self-inflicted,” says Sgt. Jon Arnold of Sandy City police.
Meik was known to have heart problems and Arnold says his family became concerned with his well being. They contacted a neighbor who notified police.
Full Story: Former police officer found murdered
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend