Police: 2 students shot near Michigan State campus
Police are searching for a man who shot two college students inside their apartment near Michigan State University
EAST LANSING, Mich. — Police are searching for a man who shot two college students inside their apartment near Michigan State University.
According to a news release Saturday morning from the East Lansing Police Department, one of the students was listed in critical condition at a hospital. The other was treated and released.
University police tweeted that students were alerted by text message about the shooting. The incident occurred just before 9 p.m. at the Cedar Village apartment complex, less than a mile from the Michigan State campus.
East Lansing police say the suspect being sought was believed to be in his 20s and that the shooting "does not appear to be a random act."
Dispatchers with the city and campus police departments said early Saturday there was no further information to release.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- School Violence
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Officer makes history as NYPD's first female counter-sniper