Officers catch subject of viral ‘Muppet’ police sketch
A Texas man who was the subject of a police sketch that was widely mocked across the Internet has been arrested
By PoliceOne Staff
PARIS, Texas — A Texas man who was the subject of a police sketch that was widely mocked across the Internet has been arrested.
Dubbed the “Muppet sketch” by the Houston Chronicle, the portrait was released by the Lamar County Sheriff’s Department two weeks ago to aid in the capture of a suspect wanted for the armed robbery of two women on January 16.
It caught nationwide attention shortly after, garnering more discussion than the crime itself, the Houston Chronicle reported.
According to Newser, police arrested the subject of the sketch, suspect Glenn Rundles, after an officer recognized him from the composite.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help