Search continues for missing Va. captain
Police searching for missing officer say they have arrested three siblings in connection with the case
WAYNESBORO, Va. — Police searching for a missing reserve Virginia police officer say they have arrested three siblings in connection with the case.
Virginia State Police said at a news conference Wednesday that two women and one man were arrested Tuesday night in Alexandria.
Two are charged with the theft of Waynesboro Police Capt. Kevin Wayne Quick's vehicle, which was found abandoned. The third was arrested on an outstanding warrant.
The 45-year-old Quick was reported missing Saturday after he failed to show up at his girlfriend's house late Friday in Louisa County. She lives about 20 miles from his Rockfish home and he texted her that he was on his way.
State police say two men were recorded driving Quick's SUV in northern Virginia.
Reserve officers wear the same uniforms as full-time officers, have limited arrest powers and carry a firearm.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Officer Safety
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert