Video: Ore. man attempts to break into station to retrieve skateboard
A Troutdale officer noticed a door handle missing from the station's main entrance on Saturday night
By Paul Craig
TROUTDALE, Ore. — A man arrested for shoplifting on Saturday morning had his skateboard confiscated by police. So, on Saturday afternoon, officers said he tried — and failed — to break into the police department to get it back.
A Troutdale officer noticed a door handle missing from the station's main entrance on Saturday night. A check of the building's surveillance system showed an attempted break-in at 2:15 p.m. that day.
Officers recognized the suspect as Nathaniel Mirelez, 20, of Wood Village. He had been arrested on shoplifting charges Saturday morning. At 9 a.m. Monday, Troutdale police again arrested Mirelez, this time on charges of attempted burglary, criminal mischief and theft.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Mass. police end 'High Five Friday' at schools after complaints
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Ala. church asks for its own police department