'Dangerous' Suspect in Double Murder on the Run
Police in Delano, Calif. ask that you be on the lookout for Oscar Rodriguez Olivares, 18, a suspect in a double murder at a hamburger stand Saturday evening. He is described as 5-foot-8, 190 pounds with short black hair.
Olivares also goes by the name Oscar Rodriguez, and is considered armed and dangerous.
Delano police responded to reports of a shooting at the Super King restaurant on Saturday evening. Police found David Fernando Rodriguez, 24, of Delano lying 25 feet from the front door with a single gunshot wound to his head. A second victim, Jose Armando Gutierrez, 19, of Delano, had already been rushed to Delano Regional Medical Center in a private car.
Gutierrez had been shot multiple times in the chest, Sgt. Frank Sadler said.
Sadler said there had been a confrontation outside the restaurant before the shooting.
Delano is 35 miles north of Bakersfield.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy