Retired NYPD officer kills armed carjacker
Retired Officer Derrick Bishop, working as a security guard, shot and killed a gunman who was trying to rob him and steal his car
By Kemberly Richardson
NEW YORK — A retired NYPD officer working as a security guard shot and killed a gunman who was trying to rob him and steal his car in Brooklyn.
18-year-old Manuel Ocampo, along with his nephew, allegedly walked up to Derrick Bishop's Mercedes around 3 Tuesday morning.
Bishop knew he had to do something and fired 4 shots. Ocampo tried to return fire but his weapon jammed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend