Cop buys elderly woman new ring after she's robbed in hospital bed
87-year-old patient was apparently the victim of theft when someone allegedly entered her hospital room and stole her diamond engagement ring
By Jeff Weinsier
PLANTATION, Fla. — Plantation officer Laurie Graber investigated the heartbreaking tale of Betty Wagoner.
Wagoner, 87, a patient at Westside Regional Medical Center, was apparently the victim of theft when someone allegedly entered her hospital room and stole her diamond engagement ring.
There were also black-and-blue marks on Betty's finger where the ring was removed. The ring, which Betty had worn for 67 years, was reported as missing to Plantation police.
Full Story: Elderly woman has ring stolen, replaced by cop
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests