Cop buys elderly woman new ring after she's robbed in hospital bed
87-year-old patient was apparently the victim of theft when someone allegedly entered her hospital room and stole her diamond engagement ring
By Jeff Weinsier
PLANTATION, Fla. — Plantation officer Laurie Graber investigated the heartbreaking tale of Betty Wagoner.
Wagoner, 87, a patient at Westside Regional Medical Center, was apparently the victim of theft when someone allegedly entered her hospital room and stole her diamond engagement ring.
There were also black-and-blue marks on Betty's finger where the ring was removed. The ring, which Betty had worn for 67 years, was reported as missing to Plantation police.
Full Story: Elderly woman has ring stolen, replaced by cop
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert