Video: Traffic stop turns to scuffle between Miami cop, IA lieutenant
Police are unsure what caused the confrontation, but the Internal Affairs lieutenant offered identification before exiting the vehicle
By PoliceOne Staff
MIAMI — A video taken by a Miami officer’s personal camera captures a confrontation between the officer and a lieutenant during a traffic stop.
The Miami Herald reports Officer Marcel Jackson stopped Lt. David Ramras last month when the altercation occurred.
After Jackson approaches the lieutenant’s vehicle, Ramras can be heard yelling, “You do know who the [expletive] I am.”
Jackson responds, “No, I don’t.”
Police Chief Manuel Orosa told the Miami Herald that police are unsure what caused the confrontation, but that Ramras offered identification before exiting the vehicle.
Ramras has been removed from internal affairs during the investigation.
Jackson — who recorded the incident on an unauthorized, personal camera — has been suspended with pay after refusing to provide police with the camera and for multiple traffic violations.
The police investigation has been turned over to the State’s Attorney’s Office to determine if charges will be pressed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman