1 wounded in Las Vegas shopping mall shooting
Police are looking for a gunman after one person was shot in the shoulder at a Las Vegas mall
LAS VEGAS — Police are looking for a gunman after one person was shot in the shoulder at a Las Vegas mall.
Lt. Mark Reddon told the Las Vegas Review-Journal the Tuesday evening shooting stemmed from a fight at the food court in the Fashion Show Mall, which is known for its high-end stores.
Police say the victim ran down the escalator and onto Las Vegas Boulevard, and two suspects may have fled in a blue Dodge.
Reddon told the Review-Journal that the shooting may be gang-related.
Reddon said the shooting, reported at 6 p.m., forced stores in the mall to close early.
Las Vegas-based artist David Fleming, who says he was 40 feet away from the shooting, said his heart raced after he heard a loud shot and saw hundreds of people running toward him.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Lawmaker says anti-cop Capitol painting is coming down
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Federal prosecutors won't charge SC deputy in viral video incident
- Can Baltimore's police reform deal survive Trump's DOJ?
- Fla. airport shooting highlights nexus between mentally ill, cops