Police: Alert issued after baby abducted from Okla.
The alert says the suspect has a mental condition and made comments about having a vision of the child dying 'in two days'
CASHION, Okla. — Authorities are searching for a woman who police say abducted a 5-month-old baby in central Oklahoma and made comments about the child dying.
An Amber Alert issued by the state Department of Public Safety says the girl was abducted around 12:15 p.m. near Cashion in Kingfisher County.
The alert says the suspect is a 47-year-old white woman. It says she has a "mental condition" and made comments about having a vision of the child dying "in two days."
It says the infant, a white female, was wearing a long-sleeve pink floral shirt.
Police are looking for a brown or black Hyundai Santa Fe with a Texas license plate, number BYZ-3364, last seen in the Elmwood, Oklahoma, area. The alert says the suspect may be heading to Salt Lake City, Utah.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman