Naked men steal 60 hamburgers from Fla. eatery
Police say the men broke in early Sunday and left a trail of red peppers on the beach
BONITA SPRINGS, Fla. — A southwest Florida waitress has dubbed the trio of naked hamburger thieves who broke into an eatery "dumb, dumber and dumbest."
Waitress Nancy Sansevieri was still laughing after police released surveillance video Wednesday showing the college-aged men — two naked and one clad in underwear — stealing 60 hamburgers from Doc's Beach House in Bonita Beach.
Police say the men broke in early Sunday and left a trail of red peppers on the beach.
Doc's general manager Lou Bangert told the News-Press of Fort Myers that he's never witnessed such a crime in the restaurant's 27-year history. Thieves have broken in and taken money from the cash register, but he says no one has ever slammed through a door completely naked looking for beef.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Officer makes history as NYPD's first female counter-sniper