Mass. cop offers reward after dog poisoned to death
The officer believes someone might have been trying to get revenge on him for his 25 years as a cop
WESTPORT, Mass. — A detective said his 5-year-old dog Siren had to be put down in April after experiencing sudden bleeding and intense pain. Tests at the hospital showed Siren was hemorrhaging.
The situation became even more disturbing with test results this week that showed rat poison in the dog's liver.
Majewski says his girlfriend had been training Siren as a civilian search-and-rescue dog to be certified in Rhode Island and Massachusetts. He believes someone might have been trying to get revenge on him for his 25 years as a police officer.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court