Mass. cop offers reward after dog poisoned to death
The officer believes someone might have been trying to get revenge on him for his 25 years as a cop
WESTPORT, Mass. — A detective said his 5-year-old dog Siren had to be put down in April after experiencing sudden bleeding and intense pain. Tests at the hospital showed Siren was hemorrhaging.
The situation became even more disturbing with test results this week that showed rat poison in the dog's liver.
Majewski says his girlfriend had been training Siren as a civilian search-and-rescue dog to be certified in Rhode Island and Massachusetts. He believes someone might have been trying to get revenge on him for his 25 years as a police officer.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Sheriff Joe successor pulls back on immigration holds in jails
- Ala. church asks for its own police department
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer