Wanted: Repeat bank robber with fondness for hats
Police say the man donned a range of wacky headpieces as he committed eight bank robberies in New York over the course of 2 ½ months
MINEOLA, N.Y. — Police in New York are on the hunt for a prolific bank robber who wears many hats.
Police say the man donned a range of wacky headpieces as he committed eight bank robberies in Nassau County over the course of 2 ½ months ending July 23.
One of the banks was robbed twice.
Surveillance photos show the robber wearing a floppy white hat at one bank. At another, he accessorized with a baseball hat that had a picture of President Barack Obama on it.
And at another, he decided on a hat with a long wig attached.
Police believe it's the same robber in all the photos.
They say the stickup artist typically gives tellers a note threatening violence and demanding cash.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman