Off-duty DC detective shot in carjacking
The detective was in his vehicle when he was approached by three suspects, who opened fire as the detective attempted to flee
By PoliceOne Staff
WASHINGTON — An off-duty Metropolitan Police detective was shot Wednesday during a carjacking.
ABC 7 reports the detective was in his vehicle when he was approached by three suspects, who opened fire as the detective attempted to flee.
Police have arrested one suspect in the incident. The other two remain at large.
The detective’s stolen vehicle was found crashed and abandoned.
According to NBC Washington, the detective was struck multiple times in the incident. He was transported to a hospital and is listed as in stable condition.
Officials are not releasing the name of the detective involved as the search for the remaining two suspects continues.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Sheriff Joe successor pulls back on immigration holds in jails
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Ala. church asks for its own police department
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer