Calif. woman steals police car, pursuit ensues
22-year-old Felicitas Flores was booked into jail on counts including auto theft and drunk driving
SAN DIEGO — A woman stole a San Diego Police patrol car then led authorities on a freeway chase for about 40 miles before she was arrested.
No one was hurt in the incident, which began shortly before midnight Friday.
Police say 22-year-old Felicitas Flores was booked into jail on counts including auto theft and drunk driving.
Police said she was able to steal the parked car because the keys were inside, and the officer who drove it was out of sight.
The pursuit began after motorists on Interstate 5 reported a police car driving erratically. Speeds reached as high as 90 mph.
The chase ended after the woman pulled into a rest stop north of Oceanside and rammed the car of an officer trying to arrest her.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court