Video: 2 arrested in taped beating of Pa. park ranger
The video shows a skateboarder punching the ranger in the face after refusing a request to leave
PHILADELPHIA — Philadelphia police have arrested two suspects and are searching for a third in the videotaped beating of a city park ranger trying to enforce a no-skateboarding rule.
The beating happened Friday at Love Park, home to a Robert Indiana LOVE sculpture and a one-time skateboarding mecca featured in a video game.
Police say they arrested a 19-year-old and a 17-year-old Monday. Both face charges of aggravated assault, simple assault, recklessly endangering another person and making terroristic threats.
Police say the video shows a skateboarder punching the ranger in the face after refusing a request to leave.
An onlooker's video also appears to show a suspect spitting at and kicking the ranger while he was on the ground. Police say a second suspect taunted him and a third videotaped the incident.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help