Investigators Make Arrest in 25-Year-Old Neb. Killing
Police spokeswoman Cathy Martinec said Louis M. Walker, also known as Abdul Malik Husain, 46, was arrested in Aurora, Colo., Tuesday in the deaths of Deroshia Matthews and her son Kamal.
The bodies of Matthews, 26, and Kamal, 7, were found by family members after they had not been seen for a day. An autopsy revealed that Matthews had been strangled and suffocated. Kamal was strangled.
Martinec said police identified a possible suspect after a thorough investigation, but did not have enough information to make an arrest back then.
A cold-case officer received new information about the case in 2003, which led to Walker's arrest, Martinec said.
Police hope to bring Walker, who is in custody in the Denver suburb, back to Omaha possibly later this week, she said.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms