Caller Claims Responsibility for Ohio Highway Shooting
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) -- For the first time, someone called police, claiming to be the sniper responsible for a string of 20 highway shootings, authorities said Frida.
Chief Sheriff's Deputy Steve Martin said that the call is being taking seriously and that the task force investigating the shootings at cars, school buses and homes is trying to confirm whether the caller is the gunman.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds