Ill. Police Discover $1 Million in Garage
Federal authorities have detained several men after Streamwood police allegedly discovered more than $1 million in small bills in a detached garage.
Police went to a home on Stratford Circle on Monday to serve a warrant for driving under the influence, said Streamwood Deputy Chief Jim Gremo. The man was not home, but as officers were leaving they heard a fight in the garage, Gremo said.
When a man walked out of the garage, police questioned him, Gremo said. The man led them into the garage, where officers saw the cash on a table, Gremo said.
Several men were detained and turned over to federal Drug Enforcement Administration and U.S. Customs authorities, Gremo said. No charges had been filed by Thursday.
Authorities declined to comment on why the money was confiscated.<
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms