2 Off-Duty Border Patrol Agents Found Dead
The bodies of two U.S. Border Patrol agents were discovered Friday morning on the Tohono O'odham reservation southwest of Tucson.
An off-duty male and female agent were found at 2:30 a.m. by Tohono O'odham Police Department officers checking out an abandoned vehicle, said Andrea Zortman, a U.S. Border Patrol spokeswoman. The identies of the two agents are not being released until their families can be notified.
The Federal Bureau of Investigations and Tohono O'odham Police Department are investigating. Tohono O'odham police chief Richard Saunders said Friday afternoon that the investigation was in a preliminary stage.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman