Penn. Police Dodge Bullets During Drug Investigation
MONACA, Penn. (AP) - Someone fired about 10 shots at state police troopers as they tried to execute a search warrant in a drug investigation Tuesday morning, authorities said.
The troopers forced their way into an apartment in Center Township, Beaver County, when no one answered the door, state police said. Soon after, someone fired shots at the troopers, police said.
It was not clear which resident of the apartment - Tanya Frederick, 27, or Lafayette Moreland, 32 - fired shots at the troopers, police said.
The first trooper to enter the apartment received a minor injury, police said.
Police arrested Frederick and Moreland and the two were arraigned Tuesday afternoon, said Trooper Jonathan D. Bayer. It was not immediately clear Tuesday afternoon whether either had an attorney.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman