SF cops at a loss to check out young suspects
By Jaxon Van Derbeken
The San Francisco Chronicle
SAN FRANCISCO — San Francisco police who stop juvenile criminal suspects on the street have no way of checking whether the youths are on probation, have been ordered to stay away from problem areas or are wanted for a probation violation — basic information that influences whether officers take the juveniles into custody or turn them loose.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: SF cops at a loss to check out young suspects
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house