Juvenile violent crime higher than '06; steady with recent years
By Joel Currier and Tim O'Neil
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch
ST. LOUIS, Mo. — Decades ago, James Earl Tartt didn't fear sitting on his front stoop, watching the neighborhood kids scurry up and down his block.
These days, however, Tartt says he shutters himself inside his Semple Avenue house after dark because he's grown frightened of youngsters whose games increasingly include guns and drugs.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house