Teen murdered officer for 'harassing gang'
The San Diego Union-Tribune
NORTH COUNTY, San Diego — A teenager charged in the slaying of Oceanside police Officer Dan Bessant told detectives he fired a rifle with a scope at the officer six to seven times because the Police Department had been harassing his gang, a detective testified Monday.
Meki Gaono, 19, ran home, hid the rifle in his backyard shed and took off his outer clothing, Oceanside police Detective Sylvia O’Brien said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Teen murdered officer for 'harassing gang'
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police