Tenn. police reach out to kids to prevent violence
By Jacqueline Koch
Chattanooga Times Free Press
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. — Whenever time allows, Lt. Corliss Cooper returns to Calvin Donaldson Elementary School to read to students.
A graduate of the 37th Street school, the Chattanooga Police Department officer understands that keeping children excited about learning increases their chances of graduating.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman