Colo. agency gets nearly $50K grant to fight underage drinking
By Ryan Morgan
The Colorado Daily Camera
BOULDER, Colo. — They may not have realized it, but for many underage people who used fake IDs to buy alcohol in Boulder over the last 12 months, 2008 was the year the shoulder-tap didn't come.
Through Dec. 17, Boulder police ticketed only 35 people for using fake IDs this year, compared to 80 over the same time period last year -- a 56 percent decrease.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Police Grants
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house