Seven-year-old boy borrows car, leads police on chase
By Carlos Mayorga
PLAIN CITY, Utah — Maybe he also missed the day the sermon covered the Eighth Commandment: Thou shalt not steal.
A 7-year-old boy led officers on a car chase Sunday through Weber County in an attempt to avoid going to church, authorities say.
"Most kids fake illness," said Weber County Sheriff's Capt. Klint Anderson. "They don't take the car out and go joy riding."
Read full story here: Boy, 7, drives away in family car to skip church
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Lawmaker says anti-cop Capitol painting is coming down
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Federal prosecutors won't charge SC deputy in viral video incident
- Can Baltimore's police reform deal survive Trump's DOJ?
- Fla. airport shooting highlights nexus between mentally ill, cops