Philly police nab teen who pulled gun on officer
By Stephanie Farr
The Philadelphia Daily News
PHILADELPHIA — A North Philadelphia youth who was listed as missing was found Saturday night after he pulled a gun on a cop during a chase and was wounded by the officer's preemptive fire, police said.
The 16-year-old boy, who was hit in the shoulder, was treated at Temple University Hospital and released, Lt. Frank Vanore, police spokesman, said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Philly police nab teen who pulled gun on officer
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman