Use of force on Maine teen leads to lawsuit
Parents claim excessive force although a state probe cleared the officer
Portland Press Herald
PORTLAND, Maine — The parents of a teenager who was shot and killed by a Waldoboro police officer more than two years ago have filed a wrongful-death lawsuit.
The civil action, filed Monday in U.S. District Court in Portland, seeks unspecified monetary damages from the former officer and the town of Waldoboro.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Use of force on Maine teen leads to lawsuit
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic