Texas teen's death in chase with off-duty cop draws fire
The officer said he used deadly force after the teen fired a shotgun at him
By Eva Ruth Moravec
San Antonio Express-News
SAN ANTONIO, Texas — Even when off the clock, San Antonio police officers have a responsibility to take action if they witness a crime.
But how much action - and to what degree - is being debated after a local teen was killed in a crash involving an off-duty patrolman who chased the teen and his brother, ramming his SUV into their truck.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests