Fla. cop shoots, kills 16-year-old gunman
The shooting comes as Miami police begin a five-day operation to flood the streets with extra officers, in uniform and plainclothes
LIBERTY CITY, Fla. — Police have identified a 16-year-old youth shot and killed by an undercover officer during a robbery sting on Wednesday in Overtown as Joell Lee Johnson.
The teen pointed a gun at an officer posing as a delivery man, police union president Armando Aguilar said.
A second officer fired around 8:30 p.m., fatally wounding Johnson in the parking lot of the Town Park Plaza South apartment complex, 1798 NW Fifth Ave.
Read more on The Miami Herald.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police