Texas cop dies of heart attack in struggle
Was struggling with a 16-year-old female who was possibly under the influence of narcotics and alcohol
Duty Death: Michael Ray Schaefer - [Uvulade County, Texas]
By PoliceOne Staff
UVULADE COUNTY, Texas — Deputy Michael Schaefer suffered a fatal heart attack while struggling with a 16-year-old female who was possibly under the influence of narcotics and alcohol.
He and another deputy had responded to a domestic disturbance at 1:45 am involving a fight between the girl and another family member. When they arrived at the scene they attempted to place the girl into custody but became involved in a struggle and struck Deputy Schaefer.
As they placed the girl into a patrol car Deputy Schaefer collapsed. The girl was taken into custody on investigation of capital murder in connection with Deputy Schaefer's death.
Read more on ODMP.
- Police Heroes
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house