Police agent killed in ambush attack
Agent Isaac Pizarro-Pizarro of the Puerto Rico Police Department was driving to a family member's home
Duty Death: Isaac Pizarro-Pizarro - [Carolina, Puerto Rico]
By PoliceOne Staff
A Puerto Rican police agent was shot and killed in an ambush Tuesday.
Agent Isaac Pizarro-Pizarro, an eight-year veteran of the Puerto Rico Police Department who was assigned to the Narcotics Division in Carolina, was driving at the time of the attack, according to the Officer Down Memorial Page. He was driving to a family member's home when a group of suspects opened fire.
Two juveniles were among the shooters and according to reports, at least 60 rounds were fired.
Three suspects were arrested and charged with murder Wednesday.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests