Ohio officials: Training paid off in school shooting
Teachers, law enforcement and even parents followed the district's plans
By Collin Binkley
The Columbus Dispatch
CHARDON, Ohio — Students and teachers knew what to do yesterday when a gunman started shooting.
"We've had a number of disaster drills in the past. Thank God we put those in place," Chardon school-district Superintendent Joseph Bergant II said. "We've been training for this."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police