Teen shot by Ga. officer during burglary dies
Police chief said the suspect pointed a weapon at the officer before the shooting
By Alexis Stevens
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
JONESBORO, Ga. — The 13-year-old shot by a Clayton County police officer during a home burglary died late Wednesday afternoon, according to the GBI.
Trevion Davis, of Jonesboro, was shot in the head by Clayton County police officers responding to a burglary on Bonanza Church Road, according to police.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Teen shot by Ga. officer during burglary dies
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help