Boy, 9, with Airsoft gun steals electric car
The boy drove slowly for about ten minutes before crashing at a roundabout
By PoliceOne Staff
A Swedish boy, 9, pointed an Airsoft gun at bystanders and stole an electric car in a Gothenburg suburb last week.
The boy, who yelled "it's loaded," had an unsuccessful attempt at stealing one car before turning his attention to the electric vehicle, according to The Local.
The vehicle he entered had a top speed of 18 miles per hour, and he drove slowly for about ten minutes before crashing at a roundabout. He tried to flee again, but was held until police arrived by a concerned driver who had followed him.
"I've never seen anything like it. It's also so tragic...he's so young," Jan Jentzell of the property management firm that owned the car.
Because the boy is too young to be charged with a crime, social services will decide what measures will be taken. No injuries were reported.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police