Deputy to teen: 'Stop crying' about arrest
A Chicago teen complained in court he did not have the money to post bail
By Kim Janssen
CHICAGO — He was busted for illegal possession of laughing gas.
But a Joliet teen was told in court Sunday: "Stop crying!"
Tyler Schmidt, 17, was found Saturday night with tanks of nitrous oxide and suspected MDMA pills during a traffic stop in the 4700 block of West Fullerton, prosecutors alleged in court Sunday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Deputy to teen: 'Stop crying' about arrest
- Less Lethal
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman