Ga. school resource officers seize guns
Authorities said four students were arrested and charged in the fight and were suspended for 10 days
By David Ibata
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
STONE MOUNTAIN, Ga. — Police in DeKalb County recovered loaded guns at two separate schools on different days this week, Channel 2 Action News reported. One gun was found on the ground after a fight involving several students, and the other was allegedly taken from the purse of a 16-year-old girl.
A gun was recovered Tuesday afternoon after a fight involving students outside Stone Mountain High School as school was letting out for the day.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ga. school resource officers seize guns
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court