Report offers reform plan for Va. juvenile justice system
The report was designed to "set the record straight" about the juvenile justice system and its impact
By Sarah Hutchins
HAMPTON ROADS, Va. — Dozens of Hampton Roads families shared their experiences in the juvenile justice system as part of a critical national report released this week.
Justice for Families, a national alliance of advocacy organizations, authored the report, which included information collected by Families & Allies of Virginia's Youth, said Almeta Harrington of the state group.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police