Police: 2 teens dead in Phoenix murder-suicide
Phoenix police identified the two as 15-year-old Matthew Bolton and 16-year-old Anastasia "Ana" Greer
PHOENIX — A teenage boy fatally shot his ex-girlfriend before turning the gun on himself at a north Phoenix home in an apparent murder-suicide, authorities said.
Phoenix police identified the two as 15-year-old Matthew Bolton and 16-year-old Anastasia "Ana" Greer. Both were sophomores at Sandra Day O'Connor High School in Phoenix.
The shooting occurred around noon Friday at a home of Greer's friend, police said.
A neighbor, Jim Friel, told The Arizona Republic that he heard a scream and then gunshots and went across the street to the home to see what happened.
Friel said the girl had gunshot wounds to her chest and the boy a gunshot wound to his face.
Police responded to a 911 call and found both teens dead outside the home.
"It appears he shot her in the front yard and then he turned the gun on himself," said Sgt. Tommy Thompson, a Phoenix police spokesman.
Police say Bolton didn't go to school Friday and it was unclear how he got the gun, which was found on a sidewalk near the bodies.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert