logo for print
Home  >  Newsletter Archive  >  PoliceOne Newsletter  > 


View this as a web page | Ensure delivery, add Newsletter@policeone.com to your safe sender list
PoliceOne Member Newsletter
 Issues and events in drug enforcement
 Accessories for your patrol rifle
 Print for Roll Call  View Online  Products  Subscribe Week 572Dec. 16, 2011
Featured News

Officer comforts woman pinned by bus
This image — which is getting national attention — shows a Utah police officer holding the hand of a frightened 24-year-old woman pinned under a bus with crushed legs. (AP Image) Promised not to leave her
Today's Top Stories:
Mont. deputy killed directing traffic: Pat Pyette, a deputy, died after a vehicle struck him on a highway in Montana
Video: NC cop fatally shoots man grabbing for gun: John Wainright, reportedly robbed a Rite Aid before the fatal traffic stop
Video: Pa. cop TASERs 14-year-old girl
Police: Man told Calif. cops to shoot
NFL player arrested on federal drug charges
Justice Dept.: Seattle police used excessive force
Ind. officer shot, suspect killed
Police agent killed in ambush attack
Editor's Corner
Legalizing marijuana: Cops speak out
By PoliceOne Senior Editor Doug Wyllie
A couple of weeks ago, we asked, 'Should pot be legal?" and of the roughly 1,700 respondents, a full 44 percent said either 'Yes, that's where we're headed,' or 'Maybe.' The other 56 percent came down on the side of 'No' ... What do you think?
Print and share this article
Introducing Eleven 10's Duty Belt Tourniquet/Self-Aid Pouch
A tourniquet may save your life in a lethal force encounter. Eleven 10’s Duty Belt Tourniquet/Self-Aid Pouch holds a SOF-T Tourniquet and a hemostatic dressing, and mounts to your duty belt either vertically or horizontally. Keep your medical equipment where it should be, on your belt!
Order your Tourniquet Pouch today at 1110Gear.com
2011 in Review
Issues and events in drug enforcement
By Lt. Andrew Hawkes, PoliceOne Columnist
An important topic that always makes it to the forefront is drug law enforcement and interdiction — the good, bad and the ugly in the "War on Drugs." Here are four significant drug headlines we saw throughout 2011 ... Never compromise your beliefs
Print and share this article
Traffic stops for good driving?
This video shows cops pulling over drivers demonstrating good driving and "citing" them with gift cards.
Cop saves woman from burning car
Dash cam shows an officer rescue a woman from a burning car after a crash Tuesday.
P1 First Person
Why we're dying on the road
By Jodi Butts, PoliceOne Member
As a driving instructor, I continue to be frustrated by the number of law enforcement officers who have died in the line of duty in vehicle-related incidents. Nearly 35 officers have been killed in the line of duty so far this year in vehicle accidents. 4 basic reasons
"I Heard You the First Time..."
At TEA we specialize in communication headsets and push-to-talk (PTT) devices for 2-Way Radios, Vehicle Intercom Systems and Mobile Phones. For more than 40 years we have provided the highest quality of tactical headsets and products for the DoD, DoJ and various Public Safety and Law Enforcement Agencies.
Check out our full line or request a 30-day evaluation
Tactical Tip
Accessories for your patrol rifle
PoliceOne Contributor Don Alwes discusses the things you'll probably want to consider having on your patrol rifle, without making it too heavy and cumbersome ... Watch the video
Print and share this article
Get a Free FirstVu with Every DVM-750 In-Car Video System!
See what you’ve been missing by combining the wide view of an in-car video system with the personal view of a wearable camera, or simply double the number of officers or vehicles you’re equipping with this incredible year-end offer.
Hurry! Offer Expires December 31, 2011
P1 Member Photo of the Week
Star Wars in the Outback

This week's photo comes from Senior Constable Andrew Cusack of Eyre and Western Highway Patrol in Ceduna, South Australia, who writes: "This is a photo of a guy I stopped walking on the Eyre Highway, South Australia."

Connect with P1
P1 iPhone App
Become a PoliceOne fan
Get P1 RSS feeds
Join CopsOnline
Police Updates

Product Alerts

PoliceOne Member Newsletter
PoliceOne PoliceOne does not send unsolicited messages. You are receiving this email because you have signed up for PoliceOne and subscribed to this newsletter. Visit our Customer Support page or call 888.POLICE1 (888.765.4231) with any SUBSCRIPTION, LOGIN or E-MAIL PROBLEMS.

200 Green Street, 2nd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94111, 888.765.4231

BLUtube PoliceOneTV CalibrePress PoliceGrantsHelp PoliceOne Books

Copyright 2017 PoliceOne.com. All rights reserved.