FULL LIST OF Law Topics
NY Assembly backs special unit to probe fatal police shootings–
Former police office says the bill is part of an anti-cop movement
Officers at odds over law that allows undercover sex with prostitutes–
Hawaii authorities say they need the legal protection to catch lawbreakers in the act
How law school and law enforcement work together–
In this excerpt from the Massachusetts School of Law's Educational Forum on Law and Law Enforcement, Associate Dean Michael L. Coyne speaks with four police chiefs, Chief Ronald A. Sellon, Chief Kenny Howell, Chief Paul Tucker, and Chief Lisa Holmes, who are graduates of MSL, about how their law degrees have made them better chiefs, and inevitably saved municipalities money through the "two for one" deal that they offer.
Semi truck swipes squad on highway shoulder–
Police have released dash cam footage showing a semi truck brushing against a trooper’s cruiser and another vehicle on the highway to raise awareness about the “Move Over” law.
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
6 tracker-approved skills you need for wilderness survival
From hunting fugitives for your department to pure wilderness adventure entertainment, survivalism is a useful skillset.