Ex-N.Y. cop gets 7 years in scheme
By Anthony M. Destefano, Staff Writer
Copyright 2006 Newsday, Inc.
A tearful ex-cop begged for mercy Friday and got it when a federal judge in Brooklyn sentenced him to 7 years in prison, much less than the possible life term he faced for ripping off hundreds of thousands of dollars from drug dealers.
Thomas Rachko, 46, of the Bronx, told Judge Carol B. Amon that his compulsive gambling helped push him to steal the drug money over a five-year period in a scandal that implicated a number of other officers.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ex-N.Y. cop gets 7 years in scheme
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court