Drunken driving case stirs Mo. police after officer loses his legs
By Aisha Sultan ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
Copyright 2006 St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Inc.
With blaring sirens and flashing lights, a procession of 30 police cars from across the area headed down Market Street to Kiener Plaza on Sunday with a message for the judge who will sentence the drunken driver who maimed one of their own: Justice for city police Officer Matt Browning means a stiff sentence for the driver. Uniformed police officers flanked both sides of the stair rails leading down to the center of Kiener Plaza. All eyes focused on the young, athletic man holding an aluminum cane as he slowly made his way to the center of the crowd.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house