First NYPD officer to fire testifies in Sean Bell case
By Rocco Parascandola
Two detectives, including the undercover who fired the first bullet in the 50-shot barrage that killed Sean Bell, told their story yesterday to the Queens grand jury that will decide if any of the five officers involved in the sensational case should be indicted.
Det. Gescard Isnora's appearance, plus that of Det. Marc Cooper, sets the stage for the much anticipated testimony tomorrow of Det. Michael Oliver, who fired the most shots, 31, reloading his weapon in the process.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help