Former Ga. officer files federal lawsuit over firing
By David A. Markiewicz,
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
HOLY SPRINGS, GA. — An Iraqi war veteran said in a federal lawsuit filed Wednesday that he was fired from his job as a police sergeant in Holly Springs because his superiors were tired of his taking time off to fulfill his Georgia Army National Guard obligations.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman